Everybody loves silver and gold jewelry. And everybody loves when they shine and reflect light like they did on day one. Unfortunately, as soon as we mention these metals, many of us immediately leap to the annoying problem that is tarnish. In fact, when oxygen or sulfur comes in contact with silver, they chemically bond to its surface and cause silver and gold-plated brass to appear old, dirty and discolored. Fortunately, caring for these metals and reducing tarnish is as simple as drinking a glass of water.
Your custom 3D printed jewelry should be carefully handled and cleaned regularly to maintain its beautiful appearance and ensure its longevity. Considering how dirty your jewelry is and how your Eidos magnetic bracelet has been created we suggest different methods:
Cleaning With A Cotton Polish Cloth:
1. Buy a silver-cleaning cloth (you can easily find them in your average supermarket). They are usually made of soft cotton so it won’t scratch the surface of your jewelry.
2. Disconnect the magnetic Icon from your your custom 3D printed jewelry.
3. Rub the bracelet with the silver cloth gently, with a back-and-forth or up-and-down motion (not in circles). Remember to continuously use a clean portion of the cloth as the tarnish comes off. Continue until no more tarnish is visible and ending up on the cloth.
*Recommended for all types of Eidos Bracelet (all silver, silver & brass, all brass, brass and dark nylon, silver and dark nylon)
1. Squeeze out a little bit of toothpaste (if it contains tartar control it’s even better since it contains the most hydrated silica).
2. Rub the toothpaste all over your Eidos bracelet.
3. Use a paper towels or cotton cloth and really massage the toothpaste in.
4. Keep going until you see the tarnish coming off.
5. Rinse it off and pat the jewelry dry.
*Recommended for Eidos bracelets in silver, silver & brass and all brass.
We suggest not to wash your Eidos bracelet in metal + dark nylon. So if you want to use this method, instead rinsing the bracelet off at the end, go ahead and clean with a wet cloth.
Use Silver Cream:
1. Buy a silver cream and apply a little bit of cream on a cotton cloth.
2. Wear plastic gloves and stay near a sink (not the kitchen but the bathroom).
3. Start to massage your bracelet with the cloth with the cream and continue until you see your cloth become dirty.
4. Wash your bracelet with hand soap by massaging it delicately.
5. Dry your bracelet and wear it.
Here these three simple methods help you to maintain your custom Eidos bracelet for years to come. If you have any other advice on keeping your jewelry looking sharp, we’d love to hear from you.